- 1package (9 oz) refrigerated cheese-filled tortellini
- 1cup Green Giant™ frozen sweet peas (from 1-lb bag)
- 5cups torn romaine lettuce
- 1 1/2cups julienne (matchstick-cut) carrots
- 2cups chopped or strips grilled chicken
- 1medium red bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1/2cup reduced-fat mayonnaise or salad dressing
- 1/2cup basil pesto
- 1/4cup buttermilk
- 2tablespoons chopped fresh parsley or basil leaves
- 1 Cook tortellini as directed on package, adding peas during last 4 minutes of cook time. Drain; rinse immediately with cold water. Pat with paper towels to remove moisture.
- 2 In 3- or 4-quart clear bowl, layer the lettuce, the carrots, chicken, peas, the tortellini, and bell pepper.
- 3 In small bowl, mix mayonnaise, pesto and buttermilk. Spread over peppers; sprinkle with parsley. Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours until chilled or overnight. Stir just before serving.